Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hand Crafts from China

During Chinese New year, Mid Valley held some Exhibition on China made products on hand crafts and stuffs... I came across this wonderful work of Art which uses crystals to make a drawing of the 12 Chinese Zodiac Signs..
~~~~~~
It's an Ancient work of Art from the Ching Dynasty according to the owner (which i don't remember her name.) And the cost for one plate (one animal sign) is RM 150, because her company is the only company in China that produces this Art; Hand made and heated up on high degree fire to produce the kind of glittering result.
~~~~~~
She was telling me that good workers are hard to find for her company because the person making this work of Art must like what they do, it must come from the interest and the love for the Art itself, if not the product will not be in high quality...

As you can see I was closely observing and examining the plate... I am unsure what to call the Product.. Perhaps they will show it next year CNY at the same place :)


I got myself 2 plates for my parent in law during Chinese new year :) Lovely huh?

I hope everytime they look at the beautiful work of Art From China they will think of us... It's not practical I know, but its something special.. Like an Art from the Ancient China that we do not know about... that could have been lost...


No comments: